Today I’m doing something that I have not done in almost 8 years of hosting Natural Born Coaches, and that is releasing a “Best Of” episode to highlight one of our most downloaded episodes ever!
Steve Chandler is no stranger to a lot of coaches who listen to this show, as he’s known as “The Godfather of Coaching” and is the author of a ton of amazing books for coaches. I’ve had Steve on the podcast twice before, and in this episode which originally aired in November 2020, Steve shares his thoughts on the forgotten art of relationship-building.
If you didn’t catch it the first time around, or you want to get a refresher, this episode is a good one for all coaches to listen to, no matter where you are in your journey!
What We Cover in This Episode:
- Steve’s impressive background in the personal development space, and how he’s become known as “The Godfather of Coaching”
- Where he feels coaches are going wrong with relationship-building, and his own experiences and mistakes around this
- The way that Steve turned things around in his business with one big fundamental shift
- What procrastination could be telling you
- How to begin looking at getting clients for life, and what his own follow-up process with clients looks like
- A unique perspective on referrals that you can start using today
- What to expect from Steve’s Coaching Prosperity School, and much more…
“To get an individual coaching client it’s much more important that you’re in the relationship business, as opposed to being in the sales business.”
“The real skills great coaches have, of listening and understanding another person’s belief system, out to come first. That ought to be primary.”
“What turned my whole world around financially was to drop all the sales and marketing failure and success, and to turn it into building relationships.”
“I got tired of it. Something in my soul rejected using people as a means to an end.”
Join Steve’s Coaching Prosperity School
Subscribe to Marc’s Monthly Print Newsletter, Secret Coach Club!