A former Consulting Actuary to Fortune 100 companies – including Sony Music, Chanel, and Exxon – David left his cushy Park Avenue job 20 years ago to build the world’s largest coaching business. He became #1 on Google for “life coaching”, serving an audience of 150,000 coaches, and coaching thousands of hours across 12 countries.
Alongside his clients’ successes, David is no stranger to overcoming challenges himself, having overcome a full collapse of his paraglider and a fractured spine, witnessing the death of his sister at age seven, severe anxiety and depression, and a national Gong Show!
He is the author of “Get Paid For Who You Are,” with foreword by Jack Canfield. He was nominated to the exclusive Transformational Leadership Council alongside such thought leaders as Don Miguel Ruiz, John Gray, and Marianne Williamson.
David believes that the tough conversations we avoid, are our doorways to confidence, success, and love. They become the defining moments which shape our world. He coaches high performing entrepreneurs, executives and teams – and now prison inmates – to create amazing results and deep connection. One tough conversation at a time.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The way that David’s business evolved into the niche of helping high and low performers
- What leaning into the tough conversations did for him in both his personal and professional life
- David’s 4-part blueprint for managing tough conversations
- The feeling of freedom that having tough conversations can give you
- What he means when he says there are tough conversations we need to have with ourselves
“These conversations are my doorway to personal growth.”
“Bust open those beliefs, and it is going to be way more fun building your business.”
“One of the toughest conversations you will have is the one you’ll have with yourself leading up to the actual conversation with the person.”
David’s Book, Get Paid For Who You Are
Dylan Marron’s Podcast