Heather Burgett is an award-winning publicist, host of “The Shine Strategy” podcast, and CEO & founder of The Burgett Group and PR Stars. In the past 20 years, she has represented Grammy® and Oscar® winners, authors, billionaires, celebrities, philanthropists, rockstars and top brands.
In her online PR Stars Programs, Heather helps spiritually-inspired business owners and creatives shine their unique gifts into the mainstream spotlight so they can get visible and impact the world with their messages.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- If public relations (PR) and media exposure is realistic for newer coaches
- Why you don’t need to “fake it until you make it”…
- Ways to start combatting self-doubt and worry
- Times that learning to pivot and using your creativity may be needed to get the right publicity for you and your business
- Heather’s tips on cutting through the “PR fluff”
- Some of the biggest mistakes people make when investing in PR
“It’s really just about highlighting the interesting aspects of who you are and what you’ve done.”
“You only have to be one step in front of the people you are serving to help them, and it doesn’t have to be 20 years of experience.”
“This is about the long game. This is about relationship building!”
Heather’s Free Pitch Template
The Burgett Group Website
Agent of Influence by Jason Hanson