Chris Sparks founded The Forcing Function in 2017 at the behest of friends and family who believed that he should share his talent for peak performance training with others.
Chris is now the right-hand man to dozens of successful entrepreneurs, giving them the systems they need to multiply their productivity and maximize their effectiveness
In his days as a professional poker player, Chris was ranked one of the top 20 online poker players in the world.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Chris explains how his experience as a professional online poker player was completely transferable to what he does today
- No matter how effective we think we are, there is always a more direct path towards our goals
- The different faces of fear that Chris encountered as he was transitioning into entrepreneurship
- The concept of “opportunity cost”
- The importance of productivity and how Chris helps others achieve it, despite the challenges
“Poker is so applicable to business and to the rest of life, and a lot of the mental models that I picked up from my career as a professional poker player transfers very well.”
“Intuition is internalized experience.”
“Productivity is kind of a dirty little secret. No one wants to admit that it is something that they need help with.”
“It’s been a really cool journey in that I’ve grown on dimensions that I didn’t even know were important.”